Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Second Trimester Ultrasound and 20 weeks

On Monday we had our second trimester ultrasound and doctor's appointment.

Here is some new pictures of the baby:
In this one the baby is looking directly at the camera:

In this one you can see how developed the spine is, amazing!

During the ultrasound the baby was very active. It kept bouncing around and stretching like it had all the room in the world, I hope it doesn't get used to that :) The legs looked very long. When they measured the head it measured about 21 weeks, I was only just over 19 weeks at this appointment, so right now we have a big head.

This would have been the ultrasound they could have told us the sex, as you know we are waiting. The ultrasound tech got very quiet at the end but we could not see anything, she wouldn't tell us if she knew or not, I'm sure she did. We are still excited for the surprise!

The doctor's appointment portion was good too. We listened to the heart beat and it sounded great. Doctor said all my prior blood work and everything looked great. She did mention that I had a weight jump, but it was still ok. I had only gained 1 lb up to this point so it was expected. She didn't tell me how much and I didn't ask!

Our next appointment is in 4 weeks - March 31st. I will meet another doctor in the practice at this appointment, the only male doctor in the office.

On Thurs (3/5) I will be 20 weeks - half way there! I cannot believe how fast time has gone. The baby weights about 10 1/2 ounces now and is around 6 1/2 inches from head to heel (the size of a cantaloupe). The baby is swallowing more these days, which is a good practice for their digestive system. I have still been feeling great. I am having a bit of acid reflux, up to this point I have been able to keep it down with water but tonight I broke down an bought tums. The doctor recommended tums and said they are good b/c of the calcium.

No comments:

Post a Comment