Tuesday, March 31, 2009

24 weeks, Babymoon, and Doc Appt

Everything is still going great with the baby and me! This past weekend was very exciting as I finally felt the first kicks! It was a weird feeling but amazing! It happened the first time at work on Friday; I could actually look down and see my belly jumping, WOW! John was able to feel the kicks on Saturday! The baby has continued to be active at times when I’m sitting or relaxing. Many people feel the baby at night but this baby seems to be pretty active mid-morning, maybe we could be on a good schedule already :)

I will be 24 weeks on Thursday, April 2nd. This week the baby weights in at just over a pound and measures about a foot long (picture an ear of corn). The baby is a pretty lean figure at this point but will begin filling out and pluming up soon. The brain is growing quickly now and taste buds are continuing to develop. The skin is still thin and translucent but that will start to change soon too.

John and I took a 4-night cruise this month as our Babymoon vacation or last getaway before the baby’s arrival! It was a great relaxing trip. We spent 2 full days at sea and 1 day in Cozumel, Mexico. In Mexico we took a catamaran sail boat trip with some snorkeling and beach time. We met a nice couple from Austin on the ship that was on the same sail trip; we also hung out with them the rest of the day in Cozumel! Here is a couple of pictures (and bump pictures) from our trip:


Today I went to the doctor. They did the routine urine, blood pressure, weight checks. I have gained 10 lbs to this point; doctor seemed to be ok with this. I met another doctor (the only male doctor) in the practice during this visit. He was super nice and I really enjoyed meeting him. He gave me some prescription samples for my acid reflux to try. He measured my belly and said the baby is measuring a little big at this point but he is not concerned. If it continues we will cross that path down the road. We also listened to the heartbeat and everything sounded great. All other tests up to this point were normal too. I will go back in 4 weeks to meet the final doctor in the practice and have my glucose screening test. This is a test to check for gestational diabetes.

3 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! Love the ice cream pic. Good luck with the glucose test. I failed the one in the dr office and had to go have the 3 hour test. Thank goodness I passed that one. Glad everything is going great! Spring break is next week, wanna do lunch or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drink is nasty that you will take! It is much better than it used to be though so that is good. I can't believe you are so far along already! 10lbs is really good amount of weight gain so far! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so CUTE! What an amazing bump! I am so sorry I can't come to the shower, but I hope to see your baby asap! Let me know as soon as you have him/her....mom wants to make you something special and sex appropriate. Take care of yourself and that little loaf a bread baken in the oven! You will truly be amazed at the miracle of life God has given you before you know it!All love and prayers - Carmen

    ReplyDelete