Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Nursery and Week 19

Over the past month John and I have been working on the nursery! We received gift cards for home depot for Christmas and decided to do something more than just paint! We did all the work ourselves:

John and I put up all the wainscoting and the chair rails ourselves. It wasn't as hard as we thought it would be and was a lot of fun!

There is a couple of missing pieces but we have had lots of requests for pictures so I wanted to post! We will be getting an armoire for the wall to the right of the crib. A glider will also be added. Once the baby is born and we know the sex we will put his/her name above the crib!

I will be 19 weeks on Thurs. The baby is developing more sensory areas this week. The baby may be able to hear our voice now. The baby weighs 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches (about the size of a large tomato). I have still been feeling great. I don't think I have felt the baby's movement yet, they say you may feel it anytime between 16 - 20 weeks. I may have felt something but not realized what it was :)

We have our second trimester ultrasound on Monday - March 2nd. Will post new baby pictures after the appointment!

6 comments:

  1. Girl! I LOVE the nursery. You guys did a GREAT job!!!!! Can't wait to see pictures of your little tomato! Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kimberly! Thanks!! We are super excited about it and also love how it turned out!!! I just found your blog too. FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nursery looks awesome! You two are so on top of things ~ that's great that you can get it done now ~ one good thing about going neutral and not finding out the sex. Hope you continue to feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lisa! I really wanted to help work on it so we did it early before my belly gets too big :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT! How are you feeling? Will you be at church Sunday? Mitchell had a little cold 2 weeks ago and then last week we went out of town. I think you're having a girl! Can't believe you already got the crib! YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks April!!! I'm feeling great!! We should be at church on Sunday, I'm not watching the kids though so not sure which service we will go to, either 9:30 or 11:30. Your the first one to tell me you think I'm having a girl, lots of people think boy. I havent really had a feeling either way yet, I'm sure I will evenutally. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete