Tuesday, January 6, 2009

First/Second OB Appointments and Blogging Attempt

I have never had a blog before but I figured it would be a great way to keep in touch with all our family and friends through this new exciting journey. It will also be a great way for me to keep my pregnancy story documented!

As you all know John and I are expecting our first little bundle of Joy!! I took the home pregnancy test on Sunday November 23rd. I found out on Monday the 24th that I had finally passed all the sections of the CPA exam and was officially done! It was great timing as we kept saying we would try for a baby after I passed the exam!!!

Our first OB appointment was Tuesday December 9th. John came with me as we were not sure what tests were planned. I gave a urine sample which produced two more positive tests. My doctor then performed an internal ultrasound! How exciting! We got to see the little baby! The doctor measured the baby from butt to head and I was 7 weeks and 5 days. My due date is July 23, 2009. On the ultrasound we got to see the little heart beating away, it was truly amazing! Here is a picture of the little bean:

Our second OB appointment was today Tuesday January 6th. Today we first met with the nurse to chat about all the appointments during the pregnancy and which tests will be performed when. We met with the doctor for a few minutes. She was able to do an external ultrasound today! The baby is quite a mover! The baby's hands were waving and was bouncing all around! So neat! Finally I had blood drawn for the first set of tests. Here is an updated picture from today:

I will be 12 weeks on Thursday Jan 8th. According to my online research the baby is the size of a plum! I have been feeling great and hope it continues through the next months!

My next appointment is Friday January 16th. This appointment will be the official first trimester screening. They will do a detailed ultrasound. My doctor said that ultrasound machine is better then the ones in each of the rooms and we should get better pictures!! We can also bring a DVD to record it! Will update after my next appointment!



6 comments:

  1. Yeah! Congratulations! Can I add you to my blog list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Gretchen, I'm so happy for you. Why are they doing so many ultrasounds? Let me know. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my "grand" in there - wahoo!

    :)

    Grand/mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so happy for you both and for us. What a blessing from God. I saw you mentioned that "their" hands were waving. Is there more than one baby or was that a misprint? Love you all, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, There is only one baby in there. I dont like using "it" to refer the baby, but I update the blog as you guys were not the only one to ask about more then one :) Sorry for any confusion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats again on your li'l Payne! :)
    It's neat that our babies will be so close in age. -cc

    ReplyDelete