Friday, July 10, 2009

38 Week Doc Appt.

Had another doctor’s appt this morning - Overall the appointment was fine but it took some time because baby was being lazy and stubborn :)

We did the same ultrasound we did last week where the doc looked at a bunch of different things but really wanted to see the baby take a breath. Last time the baby did it right away, baby was awake and moving lots. Well today our appt was an hour later and baby was sleeping and being LAZY!!! Doctor said sometimes it takes up to 30 mins so we sat on the ultrasound for 30 minutes. Nothing, so she had to move me to another test - NST (non stress test) sees watch the heart rate and movement.

She said that if it did not do what she wanted it to do then she would deliver today. So I sat on the NST for about 15 minutes and the heart rate spiked 2x, that’s what they were looking for, spike means movement etc. So she was happy with that, she moved me back to the ultrasound and saw enough movement to not deliver today.

We think it was just b/c of the timing of the appt, too late after breakfast, baby was sleeping. I'm going to go back on Monday at 1 (after lunch) to do another NST just to be sure everything is looking good for Wed.

She said if I have a large decrease of movement over the weekend to give the emergency line a call and I will go to the hospital for monitoring. After lunch the baby was moving just like normal so I’m sure it was just the timing, no food in my system, baby is usually quiet around that time anyways. So no worries and we are still on schedule for 7/15/09!

I will keep you updated if there are any changes over the weekend and after my appointment Monday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment